Public Outreach

Permits and Registration

If you want information about SWCAA, information on registering a source, completing your Permit Application or emissions reduction credits (ERCs), please review these pages.


The Regulated Activities site covers why SWCAA regulates certain activities and what these activities are.

Air Pollution Advisories

Air Pollution Advisories are called when the potential for unhealthy smog and ozone levels is high. If you are interested in this program, contact by e-mail or at (360) 574-3058 ext. 122 or at (360) 574-3058, ext. 111.

Outdoor Burning

Information on outdoor burning and burning alternatives.

Coal Trains

Information on Coal Train Dust

Risk Management

EPA has a site explaining Risk Management Planning (RMP) out of the Chemical Emergency Preparedness and Prevention Office.

Community Health

Community Health Status Indicators / Public Health Improvement

Common Air Toxics

Toxic Air Pollutants

More information can be found at The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.
The Alphabetical Index of ToxFAQs provides information about more than 100 hazardous substances.