SWCAA Burn Ban Notice Subscription Details
What is it?
The SWCAA Burn Ban Notice Subscription provides you with timely notices when Burn Bans are called. An E-mail
or SMS Text (cell) message is sent to all subscribers when a Burn Ban is in effect:
- Air Pollution Advisories
- Air Quality Burn Bans
- Fire Safety Burn Bans
Why did we create this Service?
SWCAA had a limited notice service provided by a 3rd party service that only included burn ban
and air quality notices. The service company was sold and the new company's service did not meet our
communications needs therefore we created our own service. An E-mail or SMS Text (Cell phone) message is sent to our subscribers
whenever SWCAA invokes a Burn Ban action of interest to you. The Notice message contains details of the action
or provides a reference to a SWCAA web page where additional information may be obtained.
Who can benefit from this Service?
The Notice Service is available to all citizens and business concerns in Clark, Cowlitz, Lewis, Skamania, and Wahkiakum counties
in southwest Washington State. People outside of these areas may subscribe if they have an interest in
SWCAA Burn Ban Notices. Feel free to let your friends, relatives, and neighbors know of this service.
How does it work?
An interested citizen/business subscribes to the service:
- You visit our Burn Ban Notice Subscription home page and click the Subscribe button. On the page that appears you supply your
contact information, how you want to be notified, and select the alert categories of interest to you.
- Click the Subscribe button
- Your information and selections are added to our subscription list (note that we do not release this
information to anyone. Rest assured that we treat your information as highly confidential and is only used by SWCAA to send
- You are sent an E-mail message that confirms we received your application
- You must activate your subscription by clicking on the link included in the confirmation E-mail
- Read the message and click the link or cut and paste it into your web browser to activate your subscription
- If you don't activate your subscription you will not receive any
notices and you may receive
additional E-mail from SWCAA to encourage you to activate your subscription
- When your subscription is marked active you will begin receiving future SWCAA Burn Ban
We use this subscription method to:
- Provide a secure means of subscribing to the service
- Ensure that you are the one subscribing to the service
- Ensure that we don't send notices to those who didn't subscribe
How do I change my subscription?
If you want to change your contact information, password or alert selections:
- Visit our Burn Ban Alerts subscription page at Burn Ban
- Login to the service using your E-mail address and password
- Select the action you want to perform from the links in the action box
- Update My Selections: Permits you to change your subscription selections
- Unsubscribe Me: Permanently removes your account from our subscription files
- Logout: Disconnects you from the Burn Ban Notice subscription page
A SWCAA Burn Ban Alerts subscription provides you with timely notices of burn bans.